2000 Maxima Pinging Like Crazy

My 2000 Maxima with 69000 miles has a tendency to ping solidly through moderate acceleration. Taking off from a stop is fine but when it shifts to 2nd, unless I am punching is hard, it pings solidly through the acceleration cycle.

I use nothing but 93 Octane from any of Shell, Mobile or Sams with the same results.

I had a coil pack changed at about 52000 miles to relieve a check engine light. The engine temperature is right on the money.

Any ideas??

Reply to
Such a Deal

You must have a knock sensor that is faulty. ronm

Reply to
ronm

I read recently that at least one Technical Service Bulletin has been issued (recently) on late model Maximas for this very problem.I think it involves updated programming of the car's central computer....although I'm not sure.

A call to your local Nissan dealer probably would help.

BTW....I read this at

Wanderer

Ken Prox