91 Maxima no start HELP PLEASE!!

Hane fuel pressure have spark have compression but no start, no codes, replaced ecm, doesn't even pop. Any guesses appreciated. snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
Marko

Timing belt?

Reply to
E. Meyer

When I put a timing light on it and crank it, the timing is at 15 degrees....?????? :(

Reply to
Marko

That should be close enough to start it. You say there is fuel pressure & spark. Can you hear the injectors click when you turn it over?

Reply to
E. Meyer

Hmmmmm , I wa wa wa wa wonder (why. why why why why she ran away , my little runaway run run run run runaway)

Reply to
NissTech

Check your fuse block to make sure the fuel pump fuse is ok. If it's burned out, replace the fuse and replace the fuel filter.

chris

Reply to
Chris H

Yep... plugs are wet. I put starting fluid in the intake and it don,t even pop

Reply to
Marko

Fuel pump is good....

Reply to
Marko

no help here!!!!:(

Reply to
Marko

Are they wet from the starting fluid, or from the gas in the tank? Are you sure the gas in the tank is not water?

How did you verify the spark?

To run, you have to have fuel, air & spark. Since you seem certain that you have fuel & spark, that leaves air. Can you see any light through the air filter?

The diagnostic procedure for the 240sx of the same vintage says try to start it with the gas pedal all the way down. If it starts, then the problem is the AAC valve. Granted, this is apples & oranges, since a 240sx is not a max, but what have you got to lose?

The whole sequence in the 240sx diagnostic "hard or impossible to start when cold" is:

  1. check the battery and the starter
  2. check the fuel pressure
  3. check the air regulator (the check assumes you somehow got the engine running, so you probably can't do this one).
  4. check the AAC valve
  5. Check the injectors
  6. check for spark
  7. check the ecu connector
  8. check the ecu
  9. try a known good ecu (they say it is rare that the ecu is the cause of the problem).

There is another diagnostic for "hard to start or impossible to start under normal conditions" that also includes checking the EGR.

Reply to
E. Meyer

Might be the crank angle sensor that's located in the distributor.

Reply to
Chris H