95 Maxima GXE -Starter replace

I have removed battery, air filter box, ductwork from filter box to throttle plate assy. Intake air duct is immediaely above starter and in my way. I've removed screws at grille - can't figure out how to release the joint where sidearm goes through a 90 degree elbow and then under battery tray. I'm about ready to saw it off and use duct tape later. Please save me from ruining my Max! How do I get the duct off? Sure is cold in the garage.

Thanks!

Reply to
Roby

you don't need to remove that 90 degree duct, start unbolting the starter

Reply to
NissTech

Yup ... you're right! Not a lot of room but do-able. I removed the 12V feed and loosened both mounting bolts. Any hint about how to release the connector for the solenoid control wire?

Reply to
Roby