95 SE- Heater

Today the heater started to blow cold or near cold air, first now and then, followed by hardly any heat on the next trip out. Temp reading on dash gauge pretty steady, as before. Couple little spikes, that's all. Where to start looking? What all needs to be inspected, and in what order? TIA Bob

95 SE Auto 161K New England
Reply to
BeeP

check coolant level. check thermostat (does upper radiator hose get hot? What do you mean my 'couple little spikes' on the temp gauge? Does it ever go high then back down? That suggests low coolant.

-Mike

Reply to
Mike

The 95 Maxima SE were famous for the heater computer/sensor (not sure of exact technical name), but my last one has exact symtoms and I brought it to the dealer. They advised a computer control computer was gone, and ONLY at a cost of 1000 they would fix it.

I did not fix it, and sold the vehicle to a buyer who had >> Today the heater started to blow cold or near cold air, first now and

Reply to
Devils Advocate

Thanks Mike, it turns out coolant level was low. Refilled and heat is fine. However there is a coolant leak from somewhere out of sight, dripping off frame. Guess I need to get underneath to investigate more, or go the mechanic. From the top, what I can see of the hoses and connections look ok. What else could drip - water pump? (ugh) TIA Bob

95 SE Auto 161K New England
Reply to
BeeP

You're making progress. Finding it is the trick now...

-Mike

Reply to
Mike