Bad oil leak on 95 maxima..anyone ever ran into this problem?

I have replaced both valve cover gaskets,upper and lower oil pan gasket,oil switch and still leaks badly when car is running. After I go on the highway and come home and open hood up there is oil on top of the engine. There is puddles on top of the intake in the little valleys. There is oil inbetween the rear of the front valve cover down where the injectors are yet there is no oil running down from the valve cover. There is no oil on the hood pad as well. The timing cover looks dry... I dont see any places up there where oil can come from? Its a 95 se with automatic trans. Thanks:)Nel

Reply to
:

This is quite bizarre. Did you try revving the engine from the cable at the throttle body while the hood is open and watching? Your description make it seem very strongly that the oil is simply squirting from some location. Wherethe location is, I do not know.

CD

Reply to
Codifus

Very bizarre! I have tried reving it and cant see it. I cant even imagine how the oil is getting into the valley of the intake manifold... Got me too! :)Nel

Reply to
:

Are you sure its oil in the valley? If the intake manifold gasket is loose, it will seep fuel into the valley. It looks like an oil leak, but its not.

Reply to
E Meyer

Yep..definately oil. Im wondering about that hose that goes inbetween the manifold and front valve cover close by the injectors it has tape(electrical) on it like someone wrapped it but I thought it was just a vacuum or air hose of some type? Thanks again guys for the help in solving this mystery:) Nel

Reply to
:

Pressure washed the engine today and got it super clean for now:) Sat and held the idle at around 3k for 5 minutes and started noticing very light spitting of oil landing on the second injector (front of engine). It appears that oil could be coming from inbetween the intake and the mounting surface because I can see the black gasket edges getting oily. It is tight so Im guessing Im going to start with new intake manifold gasket up front. Quesiton...do I have to remove the complete intake or can I loosen the front bolts and remove them and sneak in the new gasket? Also how is oil getting into the intake? Something with the pcv valve maybe? Thanks again guys!! :)

Reply to
:

Are you sure its oil?

coolant ww fluid

Reply to
Ralph Hertle

Damned good point. Are you actually losing oil? Dipstick measurements are down? If not, then I think I have the answer. Power steering, your rack is toasted, losing power steering fluid.

CD

Reply to
Codifus

CD:

Codifus wrote:

Nissan of Avenel NJ gave my car a highly professional free courtesy 100 point visual inspection. For the 97 Max they said I should replace the PS fluid, and furthermore, they said that should be done every 3000 miles.

The service rep. said that the oil was probably black. I wasn't frightened. He said that to check the power steering the force needed to turn the steering wheel with a simple tension spring scale was about 6 lbs. He added that it would likely not be less and if it is more the unit may need work.

They also nicely offered estimates for the different items of work they thought were needed.

Ralph Hertle

Reply to
Ralph Hertle

Yea, they were looking out for you. What nice guys they must be....

Reply to
JimV

Ralph

Nobody posts in this group anymore, because JimV, and his other dozen different aliases, continue his drunken hate campaign because he had his sorry useless ass fired from some Nissan dealership somewhere for being incompetent.

Mention the words "take it to the dealer", and he surfaces.

Sad any human would have nothing else to do with his life than Troll a maxima news group, and expose his mental problems.

Go to Maxima.org if you need info about your car, they screen nonsense like his.

Reply to
common_ sense

Did it compare to yours?

Only when you suggest doing that to get your windows washed and air pressure in the tires checked.

What do you call the crap you spread here?

I don't see much from you there. Maybe they do screen well.

BTW, if you have ANY clue at all, you will be able to see that I am not just another of JimV's aliases calling you a dumbass.

Reply to
No One