CEL/trouble codes again

' 95 Maxima auto, 143k. miles.

I read the the trouble codes from the ECU/ flashing check engine light procedure. This time I figured out that the flashing CEL gives Nissan codes, not OBD-II codes. This means the one I got two months ago (0505) was "no problem". This time I got these: 1st: 1005, EGRC Solenoid Valve (equivalent to OBD-II P1400) 2nd: 0304 Knock Sensor (OBD-II P0325)

I've only driven a little after clearing the codes, but they didn't return.

I see the diagnostic procedures in the FSM. At least for the tool-less procedures, I don't think it will tell me much: just that I can introduce the fault by disconnecting the device. Not sure how much use that is. I guess if the problem occurred regularly the procedure would help distinguish between a wiring fault and a faulty device, but if it doesn't occur regularly, even if a wiring fault triggered it before, removing the device will triger it now.

Do you think I should just replace the knock sensor, or see if that code returns? Replace or clean some EGR part, or see if that one returns too?

Reply to
David

what did you end up doing. my 95 max has the same problem.

Reply to
jm1468