weird trouble code

I have a jeep cheroke 96 and to day while driving the check engine light stay on, and when stop I recycle the key on-off, on-off it give me the code :12-24-11-56 all the other code I can see but the last code

56? I cant figure it out because it's not a legit code in the book, and I thought that I read it wrong so I try to cycle the key couple time and it still read the same, anybody got a idea? TIA ... PN
Reply to
pnguyen123

If your vehicle is using the OBD II standard then the code means O2 Sensor Bank 2 Heater Circuit is not working properly. Some early 96 Jeeps were still using the Jeep OBD I codes so your 56 code means end of all codes. Most older OBD I/Manufacturer code systems followed all the code trains with

56 or 57 (end of all codes).
Reply to
Timm Sheehan

Code 55 should come up at the finish which means 'end of codes'.

Mike

Mike Romain