front wheel oscillation

hi everyone, i have an'89 maxima with 75,000 miles and a strange problem.the front and rear brakes have just been serviced.the problem is that there is an oscillation at very low speeds(10 to 15mph) on a flat surface coming from the front suspension.it feels like that there is something out of round but the shop i use insists that the front brakes are perfect.there is no pulsing from the front brake pedal. if anybody has had this problem please let me know.my wife can even feel it from the passenger seat! thanks, jim

Reply to
jim mcguire

Low speed oscillation is often a tire out of round.

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob

Check the front (and rear) tire pressure and keep it at least the recommended value on the sticker. Only 75K? Did you own it since new? Bob

95 SE Auto 89 SE Auto traded
Reply to
BeeP

I had same problem few months ago. Tires were the culprit. The mechanic performed this simple test in front of me: raise the front wheels off the ground, start the engine and put in gear, Both wheels will spin, you will be able to see the un-eveness of the tires, if that is the case. . I replaced the tires - fixed the problem. Tires had only 4/32 thread left anyway, about 75% worned out.

Daniel

Reply to
Daniel

Brake pad knockback. New pads are thicker and therefore closer to the disc/rotor. With a warped rotor, you have pulsating brake pad grab on the rotor. This causes the pads to grab/release on the rotors while spinning causing pulsation/wobble in the steering wheel. Should have had the rotors turned/trued.

Reply to
nojap