98 Blazer front wheel howls on left turns

I have a 98 Blazer 4x4 and at freeway speed when on a left curve you hear a howling coming from the right front wheel. At slower speeds or driving straight down ther road there is no noise. Could this be a wheel bearing starting to going out or a cv joint? Does anybody have an answer or idea?

Thanks

Reply to
Kay-Kae

My "nickle" is on the bearing. You might make sure the the axle nut is tight even though it likley will not help anyway as I ahve seen them work loose.

----------------- The SnoMan

SnoMan

check the inner bearing on the right front. It will be under the most stress on the left turns, as it is under compression from the force of the turn... same with the outer on the left side but you have stated that the sound is coming from the right.....

Reply to
Thoran Walker

Did you, or your neighbor loose a cat?

Reply to
Bill

It's a sealed bearing, I think there's only one set in the assembly. It's the right side wheel hub and bearing assembly that needs replacing.

Reply to
Mike Levy