high idle on 93 maxima dohc

My 93 maxima(automatic trans) idles in the 2000 rpm range when I put it in park or neutral, resulting in a hard shift into first or reverse. When it is in gear it idles fine. It has 155K miles on it right now and has had very few problems with the engine or electronics. I just replaced the throttle position sensor and it is running a ton better. Any help would be appreciated

Reply to
mac

Fuel injection increases when air volume is increased· Increased injection plus more air means higher rpm·

Check first for intake airleak? lots 13yr old of rubber hoses have cracked ends?

Next clean IACV as its filled with carbon soot. Your IACV is like this, location differs...

see page 4&9 ...

Wiikinki