Intermittent speedo - starting from cold

I have a 1997 QX (Maxima in the USA??) V6 - 2.0 litre SE ato-trans.

130,000 miles

2 irritating issues - may be connected.

1) On start up from cold engine fires, and then slowly dies. If I turn ignition on and leave for about 15 seconds engine fires and runs & starts ok. Fuel draining away from injection pump or whatever??

2) If I use full or nearly full steering lock, e.g. when parking, speedo stops registering, maybe for up to 5 miutes, and then kicks back in for no apparent reason. Where should I start looking?

Thanks for anticipated help.

Reply to
chrisnorden
  1. At least IACV Idle Adj Ctrl Valve and TB cleanup time, possibly also smtg else... but start from cleanup. Easy & cheap DIY. The assy looks like this, location differs:
  2. Steering lock has no connection with speedo.

- Some sensor types are known to pop out, maybe its about doing so? Check the top left 'Favorite Links' see clic link below.

- 10yr oldies have connector problems by definition. Check this:

some problem sources for gauge:

Wiikinki