Need Tech Help with Stalling

My 2001 Maxima gle is contantly stalling at idle both in park and drive. This only occurs when engine is warmed up. Although I had a check engie light come on 2 months ago the light never came back on again. My mechanic said that there is no "hard code" when he put it on the analyzer. He mentioned an update that possiby needs to be done which means nothing to me. Can anyone offer some advice on this situation? I have had great luck with this group and really appreciate your help. Thanks.

Tony C.

Reply to
Tony Deb

I would try using a good injector cleaner first as mant gas refiners are using 10% alcohol. This may solve the problem. If you get another problem code find and AutoZone Auto parts store they will check the problem codes in your computer and tell you what they mean. Then reset the computer.

Reply to
Dave Kind

- coilpacks tend to die

- fuel filter, regulator

- MAF is a known problem source

- check charge voltage at batt, at ECU

- groundings & other connectors, see pages 10 & 14

Wiikinki

Tony C.

Reply to
Boots Crofoot

Agree about the "ethanol crap"

Nothing but a giant subsidy for ADM,,,reduces mileage, corrodes the fuel system, and does nothing to reduce emissions on a newer car,,,not to mention its a net energy negative,,,,

Unfortunately - where I live, I would have to drive 150 miles to find real gas...my Nissan had better dam run on it or they will be hearing from my lawyer,,,

"Boots Crofoot" wrote:

Reply to
vander

Strictly use premium gas either 92 or 93 octane.As I said when the system was checked no "hard code" appeared.

Tony C.

Reply to
Tony Deb

...checked no "hard code" appeared....

- You have the same gas in tank, engine cold & hot. Do you? ...If so, problems related to gas, will exhibit cold & hot =ALLways.

- If this issue is ONLY idle related, AND engine has 60k or more (you ? dont specify), TB & Idle stepper IACV carbon soot cleanup is a must - as its a typical problem.

- Summary, repeated: Do not Check the mentioned typical issues, as gas is no way related in this issue, keep max happily stallin....

The computer error codes are very limited -and- preprogrammed - to point out predetermined problem types in a new vehicle on factory floor. Any complicted and/or double problem will definitely be systemically missed, erroneous error code [or none] displayed.

Few months down the road may start exhibiting problems like this, dont clic on and dont be informed:

Wiikinki

What octane level gas are you using? Have you performed routine maintenance on the vehicle?

Bobby

Reply to
NoNoBadDog!