Please Help: Integrating remote starter with factory keyless entry 1998 GLE

I have been using a remote starter (autocommand by designtech) for several years and it works great. The problem is that I lost the remote for it. I can buy another remote (for $45), but I would like help with an alternative solution. I would like to integrate the remote starter with the factory keyless entry system.

My remote starter has a negative ground trigger input which when connected to ground starts the car as if I had started it with the remote. I would like to replace/overload one of the functions on the Nissan remote to trigger my remote starter. I thought the trunk latch would be easy, I could use the wires that power the trunk solenoid to connect a relay to the starter trigger. I would have to give up the remote trunk release function, which I don;t really want to do. Two functions that I would be willing to give up would be the panic, or the windows opening when you hold the lock button. If there is a way to divert these signals to control my remote starter instead of the intended function, I would really like to know how to do it. Thanks for any help.

John Carney

Reply to
John Carney