This is the procedure I used on my 1995 blazer
* The keyless fob I am using is GM Part No. 15955702 FCC ID: ABO0104T
DOC/MDC 218 K1035
* Drop the underdash. there are 3 -7mm bolts holding it up and a steel nut
near the accelerator. Right next to the parking brake mounted on the
underdash pane is a module It is marked "TRW". This is your keyless entry
*You will have two connectors hooked up to the box . one connector is the
incoming connector (has less wires in it was on the left side drivers side
as you are sitting in the drivers seat) and the other one going out to the
power door locks ( has more wires is toward the passenger side) . both
connnectors have a black / white wire. You need to ground the one
black/white stripe on the incoming side ( harness with less wires drivers
* Ground the black wire with the white stripe anywhere you can get a
* The doors will lock then unlock, and the hatch should pop
* Press lock on each remote one at a time
* The doors should lock/ unlock to confirm the remote(s)
* Remove the wire and verify the remote(or remotes) function
Larry, the 98 uses a different system, your procedure will not work
First off, the truck needs to have been equipped with RKE from the
factory. It will have code AU0 in the glovebox.
If that code is there, the following directions are listed for your
year and vehicle as the programming directions.
1. With the driver door closed, hold down the power unlock button
on the door panel.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
3. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
5. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
6. Release the power unlock button on the door panel.
The remote control door lock receiver will respond in the
following manner in order to indicate that the receiver is in the
1. Locking the doors
2. Unlocking the doors
All extra transmitters must be programmed at this time. When a
new transmitter is programmed, it will deactivate the old
7. Hold down the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter until
the remote control door lock receiver will respond in the following
1. Locking the doors.
2. Unlocking the doors.
8. Repeat step 7 for each additional transmitter.
9. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the
transmitter programming mode.
10. In order to reprogram the remote control door lock transmitter
with a scan tool, refer to Scan Tool instructions.
If that doesn't work, you'll have to remove the panels under the dash,
just the one in the driver's footwell actually, and verify that the
RKE box is there and plugged in.
Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.