Q: 1991 Maxima SE M/T Power Steering

Recently my car developed a loud whine when idling or turning the steering wheel (even louder). Then, a couple of days later the pressure hose developed a leak. I just replaced the hose with a new one from Autozone but the whine is still there. I did follow the instructions how to bleed the power steering. The reservoir does not show any bubbles and it's filled to the proper level. My question is, what should be my next step? I'm afraid something is causing the pressure to rise which leads to leaking pressure hose. Is there a pressure valve in the system that needs to be checked? The Chilton manual that I have does not cover the P/S in details...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-- VIR

Reply to
10AEMX5