Remote key fob repair

I have 2000 Max with two intermittent key fobs. Batteries are ok. When taken apart there is evidence of a green conductive coating on the contact areas in the rubber gasket/circuit board housing. This coating is worn and no longer provides good electrical contact to the ckt board switches.

Does anyone know of a coating materiel that could be used to restore these contact areas? Are repair parts available for these fobs?

Thanks in advance.

Russ

Reply to
Russ Meredith

Just buy new(er) ones on ebay. They usually go pretty cheap.

Reply to
JimV

That is true but after a half century in electronics I hate to give in. Besides any used key fobs might have the same problem. If worst comes to worst I will get new ones.

Reply to
Russ Meredith

It's really not worth messing with. Contact this guy snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

He has an eBay store, and I've bought both NISSAN and MAZDA remotes. Good guy and sells the remotes at a good price.

Good Luck!

Reply to
BillyBob

... I hate to give in. ... Now thats a good soldier:)

Go Radio-Shack or equivalent and buy electronics contact cleaner spray. Flush. Battery ends etc, also tst on the contact area: buy contact grease aka di-electric grease. Can be used liberally.

Pictures needed if u want detailed answer. Pics have to be uploaded onto a server, address pasted here between tags: pictureaddr

Generally:

  1. solder add-on copper foil strips.
  2. Buy (or cannibalize some broken device for) a microsize switch from a shop as I did, fabricated/drilled/soldered on the pcb. Better than new, looks oriental...
Reply to
Wiikinki