Speedometer recalibration

Interested in changing to smaller profile tires from the original factory size (same wheel size), wondering if there are any DIY (ie - simple) kits out there to recalibrate / adjust the speedometer on my '97 SE with the analog gauges. One speedo shop I checked with wanted $400+ to take the whole thing apart. I'm estimating at 65mph it would be reading about 4-5MPH higher than actual speed. And would that also take care of the odometer?

thanks in advance

Reply to
Ken G

Not only will your gage be out of whack, but your gearing will too. Acceleration will be better, but mileage will be worse.

CD

Reply to
Codifus