Steering Wheel Vibration

I recently had brake work on my 2000 Nissan Maxima. I thought I noticed a little steering wheel vibration, particularly at low speed. I had also had a front end alignment some months earlier. Is it possible that mounting the tires a little differently could have caused this vibration or should I now worry about something else? I didn't notice the vibration after the alignment, only after the brake work.

Bob

Reply to
Photon713

You thought you noticed or you noticed a vibration?

If the discs came off the hub it is possible that when reinstalling them they did not seat completely flat on the hub, causing wheel run-out.

Do not be surprized if the discs were cut incorrectly causing a run out on the disc, this would be felt mostly when braking.

A bent wheel or a defective tire rotated from the rear to the front could cause the problem as well.

All of these possible causes would most likely cause high speed vibration too.

Good luck

Phot> I recently had brake work on my 2000 Nissan Maxima. I thought

Reply to
AS

Thank You. I thought I noticed a vibration when I picked up the car after brake work. I wasn't really sure because of the road conditions around the brake shop. To my knowledge the brake shop only replaced the pads in front. Not sure if they rotated the tires or changed the air pressure. Think I'll have the brake shop take a look see.

Regards...Bob

Reply to
Photon713