1.9TD engine

In a citroen but same as the pug 1.9TD methinks. Any specific things jump to mind when i say no real oomph from the turbo anymore and clouds of black soot when it should be boosting.

I'm guessing its lost a hose or split one somewhere, are there common ones to check first? (not my car, dont want to spend forever stripping it to find it was a simple thing i could hav tried first)

Coyoteboy

Hi,

Intercooler hoses are the first ones that springs to mind with your symptoms.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

also egr valve stuck open

Reply to
Mindwipe

Reply to
Coyoteboy

Hi Jeff,

Ooops, I forgot this one... I guess one of us have the solution, anyway :-)

Cheers, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

usually the intercooler side is at the top right there is a small boost hose from the turbo

Reply to
Andy Hope