Removing 406 factory-fit stereo

OK, I've just gone and bought a lovely new Sony stereo...and I want to extract the factory-fit stereo, including the controller stalk. I never had a problem getting the factory-fit out of my last car (Mk 1 Mondeo), but this is a little more daunting. Can anyone give me a quick run-down? I've got a '99 406 1.8LX

Thanks all,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve.C

Hi Steve,

Get a wire coat hanger and cut it into two peices you need to make 2 L shape keys, one you have these you will see 2 holes either side of the unit or at least you should. Push these in and all the way or until you hear the clips click, pull the unit forward by the cassette/Cd apature and that should do it.

Dont forget the new faceplate that you will need for the dash!

D.

Reply to
Deviant Devanti