Thought peugeots were meant to be cheap on parts?

A while back I priced a rad top hose for my '89 205. 34+VAT I was quoted by the dealership.
So when a similar one went on my toyota ( parts) celica I almost cried
lol. Rang the dealer and had to double check the price - the whole coolant pipe *set*, including the lower rad hose which is about half a metre long and moulded all round all sorts of bits 36 inc VAT.
Must be the first thing I've bought for it that was cheap!

by
LOL! I never bought a part for my 305 that was cheap, especially not from a dealership.
Chris.

quoted
Come to think of it, I remember getting a pair of wheel cylinders for 14 once.
Hi,

True. Some parts are pretty expensive. My brother had to replace the fuel filler cap on his '91 205 DTurbo, they charged 60EUR (about 50) for it. The filler cap alone, not the styling part (the car coloured plate with the plastic stripe on it), which isn't included on the bundle. I've heard some are even worst, a fuel filler cap on an Opel (Vauxhall) Vectra is sold for 80EUR (about 65) ! And for VW parts... Well, some of them are just overpriced, and some bills are like a slingshot !
Regards, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr 205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel : http://205d.fr.st

Site Timeline