106 just stops???

hi have a 106 quiksilver 1998 1.4i petrol, only engine mod is a k&n air filter.

the problem is on longish (20/30mile) journeys, usually when im in 5th gear as well (cant remember it happening in a lower gear) the engine will just stop.

if i accelerate more nothing happens, i have to drop the clutch, wait for the engine to stall (lights come on) then release the clutch for the engine to kick in again.

took it in to have the engine checked and they put a code fing??? on it and found no problems.

does anybody know what might cause this? they said possibly it could be the sensor cable?

any advice would be much appreciated. cheers

Reply to
Colin Bean

Sounds a similar issue to what we are having with our 205 1.9gti... RAC told us it was either a faulty crank shaft sensor, or the connector to it...

The other issue we get with it is that it just won't start, it turns over until the cows come home... if we 'flick' the crankshaft sensor connector a couple of times it always starts immediately afterwards.

Sound like your problem???

Reply to
Roebear

Hello,

Seems similar. I've heard of a similar problem with some racing Ducatis, cranksaft sensor being dirty, not detecting the TDC and injection cutting off. Take the sensor out & clean it - this plus connector.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

never had a problem with the car staring just what i had said

Reply to
Colin Bean

not too hot on car's where can i find the sensor on my 106?

Reply to
Colin Bean