205 shock

Trying to keep my much loved 205 diesel on the road, and am searching for a small economical garage to do the servicing, having been paying out to a main dealer for too long and not that impressed with the work.

If I have ben quoted £160 pounds excl Vat for replacement of two front shock absorbers inclusive of labour does that seem a fair price ? (£100 for absorbers £60 for labour)

Thanks in anticipation

Matt

Reply to
MATTHEW WOODS
£30 an hour is pretty standard, and when you have to take both legs off the front, springs off and bits and bobs 2 hrs isnt unlikely.

The £100 for parts seems a little high to me - get them from eurocarparts (25-35+vat) and then take them along and ask him to fit them. Saved a few bucks.

Coyoteboy

Thanks for that one -great help,

Reply to
MATTHEW WOODS