205: Which hydraulic fluid for headlight-angle remote knob

Hello,

Having the german equivalent of the MOT around next week, I checked the lights on my 205, to find that the knob that controls the angle of the headlights from the inside (Leuchtweitenregulierung in german) is lacking function. Taking it apart, I found that it uses some hydraulic system to transmit the angle of the knob to the headlights, and that it was lacking fluid. What kind of fluid does it need? Water with anti-freeze, hydraulic oil, or something special to buy only at Peugeot's for 20 EUR per 10 ml?

TIA for your help!

Norman

Reply to
Norman Anthes

the ones i have seen are a sealed system so you need new i suppose if you found some way of injecting it in and bleeding it you could use hydraulic jack oil

Reply to
Mindwipe

Does not appear to be sealed. Had some type of brass plugs with a rubber seal on them right on the knob and on the hydraulic pistons at the headlights, came off pretty easy.

Sounds good to me. Right now I have it running on colored water to see if it leaks. Works fine BTW.

Thanks

Norman

Reply to
Norman Anthes