206 fuel meter problem

Has anyone noticed this problem and what can be done about it ? (206SW)

As my wife and I we both have a key with remote control for the car. When we go to a gas station, occasionally it happens that my wife is driving and leaves her key in the ignition, while I fill up and use my key to unlock the car. If the car isn't completely shut down whilst filling (so key still in

1st position, or sometimes just in but car turned off), this seems to mess up the cars computer and it thinks the car is not filled ?

One day drove 300km while it said all the time the car was running low on fuel ? The next time we shut down the car and started it again it gave the correct amount of fuell.

But yesterday I filled it with 46 liter and the meters still show it is only above half full ??? (both on the meter in the dashboard as on the computer) We didn't drive very long with it (10km), and it stayed the whole time at this level.. so I guess I'll have to drive a longer trip before it'll notice the correct amount of fuel ?

Aeneas.

Reply to
averhe

you want to check the fuel sensor located on the fuel tank you might have sum rust on the connections if not your sensor needs to be changed

Reply to
lee19784