207 1.6 turbo CC question

I'm looking at buying a 2008 207 1.6 turbo 5 speed CC but have no experience with Peugeot. I would appreciate it if anyone could give me any ideas of any problems with this model or what I should be looking for. Thanks Les

Reply to
jetrascal

If it's the THP engine google for "Depollution System Faulty" and "ESP/ASR System Faulty". Had both of these go on my 2007 CC and they seem common failures with rather expensive replacement costs.

The "Depollution" took 7 weeks of garaging and three attempts to fix, luckily all under warranty so I've no idea of costs.

The "ESP/ASR" took considerably less time but out of warranty the ABS pump was £1000 alone plus £200 labour to fit it. Luckily after some threat of legal action against the garage they pressed Pug into paying for the part. That alone makes me think they know it goes regularly. It was a goodwill gesture though, no admission of fault.

I'm highly suspect now, in fact if you google for ESP/ASR it seems failure of the ABS pump anything from 3000-20000 miles is quite common across a range of manufacturers, often out of warranty, and mostly > £1200 fix.

Other than that though, nice car. Amazing power output for such a small engine but not matched as much as the 1.4 160 Seat have turned out.

Dave

Reply to
DaveP