306!

and the rad might need replacing in a few monthes. Just put some stop leak through it and its been fine.

Apart from that everythings ok 1997 D Turbo

Reply to
Mark

I have a 306 XSi (1.8) from 1997 (bought new) and the problems I had were:

- A/C (needed refilling)

- Right window stuck (would not open)

- Erratic idle

Apart from that, only the regular maintenance. I'm very happy with it!

Miguel

Reply to
Miguel Bento

There seems to be a heck of a lot of problems with the 306 going by the amount of posts i've seen about them, does anyone actually have a problem free 306?? No offence meant but i'm kinda glad i didnt buy one of them, and went for a

406 instead! regards, Mark.
Reply to
M. H. Greaves

Erratic idle? Might be the coil. Is a weak item and if not replaced in time this will cost you an ECU as well, Together about ? 1100,-- . (The new design of the coil is a hidden failure of Peugeot)

Reply to
B52

Reply to
martin malone

Reply to
M. H. Greaves

Reply to
M. H. Greaves

best car I had (so far...)

2000 306 1.4 SW

"M. H. Greaves" escreveu na mensagem news:exyfc.13162$ snipped-for-privacy@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk...

Reply to
Jean-Jacques Pardete

Isn't it the case that people will complain or ask for help in newsgroups like this regarding the problems they have with their car, rather than say they are happy and had no problems unless asked of course. I have had both a 306 and 406 both been good runners and never had any trouble with either.

Reply to
Mike

After having a 106 for a couple of years, until I decided to "upgrade", I'm on my 2nd 306 - my first was a '97 1.4LX with 106,000 miles problem free except regular servicing and the usual bits - cambelt, brakes, tyres etc. and I've now got a 2000 1.8 Meridian which appears to be problem free as well, so I'm happy unlike a lot of people I know with other brands of car who constantly moan about garage bills - esp. Fiat and Rover!! Matt

Reply to
Matt

It was some years ago, but I remember the repair was not expensive at all, and note that I live in Portugal, where expensive, for me, is something greater than 500 EUR...

Miguel

Reply to
Miguel Bento

Reply to
M. H. Greaves

Heh heh, i wouldnt touch fiat with a barge pole! I liked my escort (the car!!) lots and did alot to it, but it was about

Reply to
M. H. Greaves

Bof. Mine has some quirks, but considering it's 10y old, w/250000+ km and had a few crashes, I consider it's not bad at all.

-- Alex [JDR] Visitez Extremia, un monde gratuit et en francais pour D&D et autres jeux de role.

Alex

Have to say we've had our 306 for over five years, and it's the only car I've kept for more than 2 years. Had no more problems than any other car. We also have a 406, which has had a few problems over the past 2 years, but it has got 160,000 miles on it, so you'd expect some things. Either way, both cars are so nice to drive that the problem they do have is easily forgiven and forgotten when you get back behind the wheel. Maybe there's more postings about 30's becasue there's more of them on the road and also, they're starting to get on a bit now, and may need some tlc,

Neil

Reply to
Neil D

Reply to
M. H. Greaves

Used to have an audiA6 petrol Turbo. Had to change cars because I am now on

18points! Bought a 306 cabriolet running on lpg. What a dream! Who needs speed!!!!
Reply to
drunkenbard