306 Cabriolet - Vinyl

I have an elderly 306 cabriolet where the vinyl which covers half the flap to conceal the retracted hood has shrunk in the sun light. Unfortunately it's shrunk to the extent that it can't be warmed and stretched.

Peugeot UK and my local dealer have been unable to assist in locating a replacement part or locating a coachworks type company in Surrey or surrounding counties that might be able to assist. Does any one have any suitable contacts that might be able to provide a service fixing this?

Just to clarify this is the piece of vinyl covers half the mechanically operated flap that covers the hood when down. This item is held in place by a metal band at it's rear edge and pop riveted through a retaining band underneath the flap.

Grateful for any ideas or names of firms.

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Instone

Tried looking in the Yellow Pages under something like "Car Trimming & Upholstry" or "Car Body Repairs"? A quick look in the Guildford edition comes up with

they might be able to help you source the part.

Hope this is some help

Andy J

Reply to
Andy J