406 Trip Computer

Is anybody familiar with the intricacies of the multi-function display on the 406? I have the 406 V6 estate and the one omission that irks me is the omission of the trip computer.

Is it a case that the functionality is there and can be accessed if one knows how or is the trip computer a completely separate piece of kit that is either installed or not.

(I do know that it is possible to change the temp display from C to F with jumpers behind the display so I am hoping that I could set these to display say "average mpg" in the same way)

Reply to
Inn

John Hollinshead

Is there a button either side of the display. If so it's like the 206 version which if you hold down the button on the left (I think) it will flash up with various settings that you can adjust (one of them is the deg C or F).

As for the trip part, I presume you mean how many miles to the tank is empty, fuel consumption and average speed. Again on the 206 this is controlled by a button on the end of the wiper stalk. I would imagine if the button is not there then the function is not there, but I could be wrong.

HTH

Reply to
Terrytubby

Probably not much help, but I have a 1999 406 2 litre petrol auto exec model.

My trip computer displays above the overall mileage. To reset it to zero there is a button on the right of the Speedo.

To change settings from MPG to litres per kM or C to F that is controlled on the display above the radio. From memory one has to hold down the buttons at either side of the display then one gets the option to change language, C to F Miles to kM etc..

Reply to
Robin Bendall

What age is your car as the 406 had a mid life face lift in 1999? Has your car got a push button on the end of the Wiper Stalk? I have some knowledge on per 99 models, on the per 99 models the trip computer is a fully functional unit, but it needs to be wired up to the instrument panel, etc to receive the information, not all models are per wired for this. My car (98 406 LXTD) was wired to display Radio & temperature with a single 15 pin connector. If your car is per 99 you should check if there is a double 15 pin connector on the back of the trip computer. It?s a plus if it has a double 15 pin connector.

Reply to
Speedie

maybe you have a photo of this connector ? which pins are connected to button of the Wiper Stalk ?

Reply to
blue