306 cooling fan temp....

Hi Just a quick question, I've just replaced the cooling fluid in the radiator, bled the system and left the engine running for the cooling fan to come on, but the temp reached half way on dial (Not sure wot temp) and the fan didn't come on, the cars a 1.9TD 306 any ideas of wot temp the fan should come into action?

Reply to
The Question Asker

cooling fan to

Pretty much as soon as the temp goes about 90C my fans startup.

I think the readings by these guages vary quite a bit though between cars. You just get used to seeing your car's temperature at a particular reading. Say about 5C above this you'd expect the fan to cut in.

Stuart

Stuart Dalby

about halfway. (ish)

Reply to
SimonDS

Reply to
The Question Asker

let it go above halfway? mine comes on at halfway or just after

Reply to
SimonDS