306 dashboard lights

I have a 306 '94 mod that needs replacement of the instrument light bulbs. They have gradually been going out systematically one by one, from left to right, so now to see the speedo needle in the dark, i have to turn on the roof light.... I tried removing the panel and got the screws loose, was able to pull the panel towards me and see the wires behind, but whatever i did, there was not a chance in the world to get the bleeding panel out of the dashboard so i could change the bulbs. So after trying to put the panel back inside and not succeeding at all with that, I was left with badly scratched knuckles, and the speedo wire would of course not snap back into its place.

I had to take a trip to the garage, and soon the repairman was cursing almost as much as me, until he opened the hood and found that pulling the speedo wire from outside while mounting the panel would do the trick. After fixing the last screw, he asked "Oh, did u want to change the light bulbs?" ..........

So now i still have a dashboard with no lights.....

Any suggestions how to change them are welcome.

Reply to
Tor Gunnar Eriksen

It is not the most easy job to replace these bulbs, I have some experience with a Xsara and a Ax. This panal is attaced with a lot of screws, so you have to remove them all. Look very good for hidden screws. In my Xsara I had to remove the left grille to find some more screw. Anyway yo have to remove all the buttons on the left and right side of the steer. Then you might find more screws. Under the steer there are

2 more screw, don't forget these. Use only the Torx-screwdrivers for this job. Thank god, my Xsara from 1999 didn't had a mechanical wire for the speedo, but an electrical one.

Where do you live? I like to fix these kind of jobs, no problem for me. I could fix it for free. I live in the Netherlands.

"Tor Gunnar Eriksen" schreef in bericht news:bEYgb.36200$ snipped-for-privacy@news4.e.nsc.no...

Reply to
VTR16V

Reply to
Mindwipe

"Mindwipe" schreef in bericht news:bmbqnt$dro$ snipped-for-privacy@news6.svr.pol.co.uk...

Of course, I forgot to metion about the steering column. Remove these plastic covers of the steering column. You can find the nuts under the steer. If possible, also lower the steer and pull it out completely. But I don't know if this is possible for your 1994 Peugeot 306.

Reply to
VTR16V

the 306 has access holes under the cowl so you won't need to remove the cowls(unless you drop the nuts :-) )

Reply to
Mindwipe