Cost of a new 406 tailgate?

My wife reversed my 406 estate into a skip this afternoon. Not a gentle tap, but a hefty whack. The rear light is smashed, the tailgate is dented and the inside of the tailgate (rear of light housing is buckled. The left side of the tailgate has been pushed in by about 8-10mm. Anybody got a rough idea of the cost of replacing the tailgate, please?

Andrew (Spam trap in return address)

Reply to
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

You have my sympathies! First response is - expensive if going thro' usual channels. Depends how old it is. My wife decided to unload stuff in a howling gale which flipped the tailgate of my 405 onto the roof. As it is a '91 it was written off. I went to the local scrap dealer and got a decent one and a friend knows someone in the trade who does jobs on the side. Cost about £400 I suppose, with repairing and respraying the tailgate and roof.

Reply to
Mike A