306 Electric Windows M reg

I have a problem with the OS Electric window which will wind down but not up Having checked the switch which seems to be OK and I have removed the door panel to check the connections on the motor but I am unable to do this because the motor appears to be rivetted on. Is this the norm and any any idea's on the problem Many Thanks

Reply to
slhawks

Noone ever searches the group. There are many posts about windows acting odd. In fact you will find another thread within the last week which probably holds the solution to your problem. Don't forget to report back on the solution.

Reply to
Ken

I had a similar experience but with the drivers side window. The problem on mine was broken wires where they leave the door and enter the car bulkhead. The solution was to strip back the rubber sleeve between the door and car bulkhead and stip out the broken wire back to the connector. I then replaced the broken wire with new and soldered it in to place. Its an awkward job but it is do able. You could of course get an auto electrician to do it for you. Good luck Regards joss

Reply to
jossmer