306 Knocking Gearbox

We've just acquired a 2000 model peugeot 306 meridian. The car is in really good condition but there are two problems

The first is with the gearbox. When driving along the road in gear everything is fine when applying pressure to the accelerator, if you take your foot off there is a knocking coming from the gearbox. Apply pressure to the throttle and it goes away. It also doesn't happen if the car isn't in gear. Any ideas???

Second is the aircon is not cold. I hope it just needs re-gassed but i do not know.

Cheers, Neil

Reply to
Lesley

could be gearbox mounting but needs looking at air con as you say needs a regas but also needs a leak check,usually dye is added which helps with the leak check

Reply to
mindwipe