306 post service erratic idle

Hi,

I have had a search through the group for messages about my problem, but couldn't find anything which seemed to answer my question, so thought I would ask!

I have 97 306 meridian 1.6 petrol, it recently (two weeks ago) went in for the 72000 service which seemed ok, and a year ago I had a new timing belt. Since the service I have been having problems with the idle speed when the engine is cold. The car starts fine, drives as normal, but when I put the clutch in to change gear the revs drop dangerously low, to around 500 then cycle between 500 and 1000.

This stops happening when I have been driving for 10-15 minutes.

I am due to take the car into the garage on monday to have it looked at and would appreciate any pointers on what anyone thinks it might be. I have a basic knowledge of cars, but not enough to tell whether I am being shafted.

Thanks for your time!

Rob

Reply to
Rob Morse

possibly the coil pack's been shafted during the 'service' or dirt in the stepper motor

Reply to
SimonDS

Thanks,

At least I now have an idea of what they may be talking about. Any idea about the time they should take to replace this?

I guess the stepper motor is for tweak> possibly the coil pack's been shafted during the 'service' or dirt in the

Reply to
Morsey