306 tickover

I have a 306 that struggles to tick over and stalls. Upon inspection I have found what looks like a solenoid behind the fuel rail/air box and it buzzes quite loudly. It has 2 pipes coming from it and they are connected to the airbox?

I'm pretty knowlegeable with cars but I'm not up to date with petrol multipoint injection engines with electronic gadgets everywhere.

Could anyone advise me as to what this article is that's buzzing and could this be the problem?

Reply to
CODE4