v power

Hi Group., Has anybody used that V power diesel or petrol from shell? if so what was the power like , some state that it makes the car have better power also runs very better. and cleaner,

Reply to
Chrs

"Chrs" schreef in bericht news:20070828213121.044c85e2@compaq...

Yes that's what Shell states. It mainly makes your wallet cleaner.

Reply to
Linea Recta

in my 406 Hdi i get a little more fuel economy on v-power over noname diesel

the BIG difference is in total excellium, about 200km extra on one full tank of diesel

1100km on a noname brand with a very light foot ( 1L/15.7Km) 1300km on excellium with "normal" foot ( 1L /18.5)
Reply to
Marc Amsterdam

In Australia they used to call the petrol Optimax and they claimed it had a higher energy density than normal petrol. Now it is called V Power - same octane rating - 95. for a while they were also selling a V plus which contained ethanol (totally without any utility for the user but tied up to some grubby politics in Oz). We usually use optimax/V-Power but I have never detected and difference (and one, early on, I filled the tank with normal unleaded by mistake - again, absolutely no difference - or none that I could detect - but I understand that the anti-knock system may have been operating unobtrusively and reducing power or economy - maybe)

Reply to
Ken

The thread was about diesel, but I think the same applies for petrol.

Reply to
Linea Recta