306 XSi low revs/stalling from cold

I know this topic comes up alot and I have tried all the normal avenues to rectify the cold stalling issue and to date I have done the following: put in new CAT, new temp sensor, new stepper motor, checked all hoses and pipes for leaks, full service at independant garage (was due for full service and they found no problem), scanned at peugeot dealer (useless).

I haven't checked the MAP sensor yet and I have read that maybe it would be the potentiometer. I know where the MAP sensor is, but not sure where the potentiometer would be in my P Reg 306 XSi 8valve 2.0 stalling nightmare of a car.

Also once it gets up to operating temperature it seems to be fine. Any ideas or help would be very much appreciated.

Reply to
johnny

"" wrote: > I know this topic comes up alot and I have tried all the > normal avenues to > rectify the cold stalling issue and to date I have done the > following: put > in new CAT, new temp sensor, new stepper motor, checked all > hoses and pipes > for leaks, full service at independant garage (was due for > full service and > they found no problem), scanned at peugeot dealer (useless). > > I haven't checked the MAP sensor yet and I have read that > maybe it would be > the potentiometer. I know where the MAP sensor is, but not > sure where the > potentiometer would be in my P Reg 306 XSi 8valve 2.0 stalling > nightmare of > a car. > > Also once it gets up to operating temperature it seems to be > fine. Any ideas > or help would be very much appreciated.

Hi all,

I can?t offer any advice on this as I am in a similar situation. I have an M reg 306 XN which has for the last few months been showing similar signs as johnny. Generally have to get the engine hot (over

90 deg c) before I can move the car, but even then there will be loss of power when trying to accelerate, having to push into high revs before the car will stop shuddering (dangerous during winter) or more recently with the engine ticking over it will cut out altogether. Have replaced the Ignition Control Unit, which worked for about a month and as a temporary measure when I get loss of power I pump on the throttle until it regains the power.

Any help for this would be appreciated.

LD

Reply to
LiviDragon