406 V6 paint code

Ls,

Where can I find the paint code or number on a 2003 406 V6 SV. The instruction book points to a place at the bottom of the windscreen towards the left side of the car. But I can't find anything but a long code underneath the small oval clear 'window' at the bottom of the windscreen. That code seems to me the identification code of the car however. Anyone can give me a clue?

Thanks,

Reply to
Rudy Gobits

You're right, that's the VIN number, the paint code will be a 4 letter code.

Try opening the bonnet and looking around the lip that it sits on when closed? (just a guess, its where mine is, but different car.)

Andy

Reply to
stealthf0x