307 antipollution fault

My 02 307 2.0 petrol hatchback, occasionally posted an antipollution fault on the LCD display, and an amber engine warning light on the console. I took it to be serviced by Continental Cars in Auckland, NZ, at least 6 times, and each time, five days later, the message reappeared. Quickly running out of money, I cut my ties with the Peugeot agent and used an ultra-premium fuel (Mobil Cisco 8000) for 6 months and the lamp hasn't come back on since ever the change. The service manager at the Peugeot agency, that I mentioned, phoned to say that they had recently discovered that by removing parts from the exhaust system and running the car engine temporarily without the back-pressure from the antipollution gadgets - they can flush any carbon buildup from the head without having to remove it - and would I like to spend another small fortune? No I wouldn't. The Peugeot 307 engine is OK, they thoroughly tested and tweaked it, there is nothing wrong with the car, it is smooth and quiet, economy is excellent, engine temperatures are well within norms and consistent since new, and all I have to live with is the prospect of having to drive it with a tank full of the most expensive petrol that I can buy. Can anyone with experience with this problem, verify that the Peugeot service agency is a liar and a thief and can they recommend a way to ensure that the antipollution fault and lamp issue never reappears? Post it here, don't email me.

Reply to
sargasso