Antipollution fault - 307 sw 2.0 HDI 2004.

Hello,

yesterday, while i was driving control ligh for motor switch on, with signal beep, on display was message: Antipollution fault. It seems to me car doesnt have full power and temperature indicator is on 90 Celsius. I plain to go to service this afternoon, car is still under warranty.

Any ideas what can it be?!

Thank You.

Mladen

Reply to
fd234z

For information, my 306 sits around 90 degrees during normal driving.

Often when an engine fault is detected the car will switch into a "Safe mode" which limits power etc, but is designed to get you home/to the garage whilst running within additional limits designed to reduce any further issues to the engine.

Antipollution fault sound like it's something to do with the emissions of the engine, so maybe a sensor has failed or something. The dealer/garage should be able to diagnose the fault and get it fixed as it's under warranty.

David Hearn

One of the many sensors has either gone closed/open circuit or reported a value out of it's normal range. In fact, if you unplug any of the sensors on the engine, including fuel injectors and run the car, it'll report: "Antipollution fault" It just seems to be a catch all error code. You'll have to read the diag code from the ECU to find out which of the many sensors has reported a fault.

If you can - ask the tech for the fault code, and what they did to repair the vehicle and prevent the fault from reoccurring. Any response along the lines of "We've reset the ECU and that's fixed it" will almost certainly mean another trip back to the dealer, and you don't want that outside of the warranty. (Seriously, the Siemens / Bosch parts on these engines are not cheap)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Midgley