307 backdoor locked / jammed

Hi

My backdoor in my 2003 307 2,0 SE suddenly will not open at all. The central locking sounds like it operates but i'm still not able to open the door form either side. From the outside the handle feels like when it is locked.

Any one have any ideas?? Any one know how to remove the inner trim??

BR NielsC

Reply to
Niels Christensen

Hi

I just want to clearify - it is the door behind the drivers door (5D) / back passenger door that is stuck

NielsC - Denmark

Reply to
Niels Christensen

To get the rear side doors open, pull off the outer window scraper seal and let it hang out of the way (it's attached to the vertical runner seal). Then look down the gap and operate the outer handle and you'll be able to see the part of the lock that needs moving. (You may need a penlight to see clearly.) This should work!! BUT I have had to break the lock with a long screwdriver and a hammer either through the gap or by removing the inner door trim which you can just about do with the door closed! Either way, you need a new lock. Not warranty??

Reply to
Nigel

Hi Nigel

Thanks for the tip - i will try that tommorow.

No waranty - it just have passsed 2 years 1 mth ago

How to i remove the trim?? - i can't see any screws etc and i'm not too keen on breaking it.

BR NIels

-- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 8123 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try

for free now!

Reply to
Niels Christensen

Remove the trim around the inner handle. Prise off the window winder if fitted. Remove the torx screw holding the plastic door pull, and remove said door pull. There is a screw halfway down on the hinge side, which you can just about get at. Once again a torx screw. Then get your fingers behind the trim where the srew was and pull toward you working your way around. Then lift off and disconnect the speaker wire. You only need to do this if you cant move the lever from the outside through where the scraper seal was.

Reply to
Nigel

if you have the std three years warranty then take it to the dealer and let them smash the lock to pieces

Reply to
Mindwipe

Thanks for all your comments

Fine - i will try that if i do not succeed

In Denmark - Peugeot do not provide warranty at all - there are only a 2 year 'claim' period where they might repair on their account if it is obvious that the error was potentionally there from the beginning.

BR NielsC

-- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 8199 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try

for free now!

Reply to
Niels Christensen

update. I did manage to get the door opened again without destroying the lock.

It sounds totally stupid - but i went to the carwash yesterday and this morning it just opened. We did have it quite cold last night (-2°C) but if that have had any influence i'm not too sure about

Thanks for all the good advices - i'm going to remove the inner trim anyway because i want top check the speakers

BR NielsC

Reply to
Niels Christensen

Hello Niels,

I got the same problem as you. My back door also locked. It actually did it twice. This winther and last winther. Last winther I didn't do anything about it. But one day during the spring it was OK again. This winther it did it again. This time I try to solve it. I removed the inner trim and the sealing behind that. Then I was able to unmount the lock. I mingled with lock, but apparently without any success. I also unplugged the electrical connection to the lock. Since I didn't have any success fixing the lock, I mounted the lock again. But when I tried the lock after I had mounted it, it worked!!

My suspicion is that it was the remove af electrical connection that actually fixed the problem. More specifically, I think the lock suffers of a so called "latch-up-problem", i.e. the electronic/mekanic in the lock goes into a dead-lock situation. If door jamms again next winther, my first try would be to simply unplug the battery.

BTW, my car is a 307 from Jan 2002 - and I'm also living in Denmark.

BR, Flemming

"Niels Christensen" skrev i en meddelelse news:42491290$0$13735$ snipped-for-privacy@nntp03.dk.telia.net...

Reply to
Flemming Jensen