door jammed shut.. 97 850R

While charging around the South of France on my Hols (why do these things always happen on Holiday?)...the rear passenger door would not open, the visible button that shows its locked has stayed down, the handle on the inside has become disconnecetd and the handle on the outside feels disconnected as well,......so something inside the door has failed.....Are there any 'tricks of the trade' to get this door open so I can sort the problem?? Is it possible to remove the door trim from inside the car with the door closed, so I can prod around with a screwdriver to release the door mechanism?

thanks.....ttfn.....Alistair

Reply to
Alistair Ross

Hi, It sounds as if the motor in the lock has jammed.

Look at

22 to see how Ifixed mine on my 97 V70R

Hope it helps.

Rick... Rick... (The other Rick)