307 making new noises

Does anybody know what these noises might be related to?

Having been parked, if you move off slowly it makes a loud metallic 'click' from underneath somewhere.

It's slao started making a funny knocking sound, apparently from the front. This happens mostly when fairly gently braking from about 50mph, but it also does it when parking sometimes, both in reverse and forward gears.

Any ideas?

-- Androo (Remove your clothes to reply)

Reply to
androo

The loud metallic 'click' it makes after being parked is your air-conditioning kicking in.............

Reply to
ABCD

Really? I suppose because we've only started using the aircon a bit lately it might sound like a new noise. But I don't ever remember hearing it before and it's three years old.

Thanks anyway. I'll try it without the aircon.

Reply to
androo

I have a 3 to 4 year old 307 it`s had this problem again recently. It may need a new exhaust flexible coupling joint kit, fitted where the exhaust middle section joins to the manifold down pipe. It creaks/cracks when pulling away, although it sounds much worse than it actually is. P.S. I have had 2x in 35000 mls Chris

Reply to
Chris