Suspension

Looking around at other D turbo 306s mine seems quite high, are there different models or do people just lower the car ?

If so how much do you lower it by & is it expensive

Mines a DTurbo 3dr 1997

Cheers Mark

Reply to
Mark

a lot of people just put alloy rimms on it and tyres like 205/50/16 or so

this makes it optical a lower car ( and a shitheap to drive)

lowering a car for optical reasons is IMO a very stupid thing to do your not gong to a race track anyway, and, if you do the supensions is by far not the only thing to regrade. however if you must you can alway look @

Marc

What are your tire dimensions?

I understand that you would like to "lower" it from a visual point of view. Though, I must say that the suspension in the 306 TD model is very aggressive on the standard 185/60-R14 for a diesel car.

No need to improve the suspension by any means...

Newer HDi models feature bigger tires but have less direct steering...

Best regards EjS, Denmark

Reply to
EjS

another ting about lowering yout car

Marc

No it doesn't. Upgrading the alloys to bigger ones makes no difference at all (GTI6 has 15inch). Looks better. No change to suspension geometry, more grip with wider tyres, infact 195/45 16 is the SAME diameter as the standard

14inchers.

Reply to
Simon

The lower profile tires will tranfer more bumps because of less rubber and stiffer sidewalls. The more square profile of lower tires will also make the car tramline much more. So yes, it makes it worse to drive comfortwise.

Reply to
Jens Kr. Kirkebø

Well it didn't on my 306. going from 185 to 195 is insignificant really. The circumfarance is the same as standard. The only change is the lower profile which made very little difference. Definately not a shitheap. Don't forgot the 306 gti6 has larger 15inch wheels with lower profile tyres and sticks to the road like glue unlike the standard 13inch wheels. It's certainly a better option than lowering the car by 30mm or more which is expensive, harsh ride and put strain on the drive shafts due to the different angle.

Reply to
Simon