307 SW 1,6 HDI 2005, Low temperature in cabin.

Engine temperatur is around 80 degrees Celcius, but the heater is not able to produce enough heat to keep a reasonable temperature in cabin.

Are you having the same problem?

Brgds Sophus

Reply to
Sophus Vørsing (2670)

"Sophus Vørsing (2670)" schreef in bericht news:4975cd44$0$56780$ snipped-for-privacy@dtext02.news.tele.dk...

Cooling fluid pump or fluid level?

Reply to
Linea Recta

Blocked heater Matrix, pull off the pipes and flush it through, it will look like brown mud when it comes out.

GGJ

Reply to
GGJ

"Linea Recta" skrev i en meddelelse news:49760f3d$0$201$ snipped-for-privacy@news.xsall.nl...

Is this the same as waterpump? How do i check this proberly? There are no coolingproblems in the summer, I presume that cooling would have been a problem if the pump didn't work?

Sophus

Reply to
Sophus Vørsing (2670)

"GGJ" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com...

Is that that the same as the heater element in the cabin?

I will try that, but the coolingfluid don't look dirty or unclear?

Sophus

Reply to
Sophus Vørsing (2670)

Yes, the coolant can be clear, the sludge in the matrix / heater element can get quite solid so it will not flow into the cooling fluid. The blockage can stop the fluid flowing almost completely through the matrix / element which stops the heat getting through. I had the same problem once with a renault, if you can get a pipe off in the engine bay going into and out of the matrix / element and try blasting a hose pipe through it for 10 minutes or so. Worked wonder for my Renault. Good Luck

GGJ

Reply to
GGJ

I had a similar problem with my wife's old 106. I flushed the heater through with a hose pipe. The other end of the matrix/heater extruded a semi solid plug of brown gunk. Quite disgusting to look at as I'm sure you can imagine.

When you refill the system make sure you use a header tank on the filling point and bleed the system properly.

Reply to
malc

Thanks for yours and other suggestions.

Brgds Sophus