307cc brake problems when reversing

Hi all,

wondered if maybe anyone could make some kind of diagnosis of a problem I have with my 307cc.

Sometimes when I put the car into reverse (at slow speeds) and apply the brakes I hear a loud(ish) vibrating noise as well as feeling it through the brake pedal. The sensation I get is that the car is just out of gear (i.e. cogs rubbing together!) ... but obviously it isn?t that as the shudder comes through the brake pedal and not the clutch.

Any help massively appreciated. Dan

Reply to
danselas