307sw boot gas strut replacement

Hi, Does anybody know the best place to get a replacement strut for the boot of my 2004 307sw? I don't mind if it isn't an original product.
The boot will not stay up at all so I am guessing that they have both gone and 40 each sounds rather on the expensive side.
Is there no end to the ongoing extra running costs with this car!
Cheers
Lenny wrote:

You need to get roughly the right one to match the weight of the tailgate and the correct open/closed length as well as the correct end fittings. Possibly worth a look on ebay. You might find them at a motor factors but I don't think they are quite enough of a high turnover item for the factors to be interested. Breakers yard would be another possibility.
Good Luck
Bob
Lenny wrote:

As a seriously cheap short term [1] replacement get a broom handle or piece of two by one and cut to length to hold the boot door open.
[1] Often this becomes rather longer than anticipated because it works quite well :-)