405 dt 2nd gear synchro

Hi all, Second gear synchro has died in my 405 dt. I have been told that this is a common fault caused by the synchro energising ring breaking and that it is possible to replace it by taking the end of the box and feeding the new ring into place. Can any one explain this procedure in a bit more detail. I trained as a mechanic ( gave it away years ago ) so hopefully have a chance to pull it off if not too difficult.

Thank you Fred

Reply to
Terry Asgill