406 auto gearbox warning lights

Hello,

I've the warning lights from the gearbox that both the sport mode and snow mode indicator are flashing. I then took it to my local dealer and let them use the computer to check what's wrong. They cleared the error memory and the the warning lights didn't flash for a month, however they suggest me to change the the potentiometer. I didn't the dealer change it since it is very expensive, and I let my friend buy the genuie Peugoet potentiometer and change for me. But still the problem exist, does the error code stored inside the ECU must cleared by the dealer's computer?

Any other possible causes to the auto gearbox warning lights? Even after I replaced the new potentiometer the shifting is still not smooth.

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Damon

Reply to